Innovative Pen PC Technology And Its Components
This 21st century is considered to be as new world era. In the modern world, communication technology is rapidly increasing. And of course the computer is the main communication machine used. Since the time computer has been invented scientists and engineers have been trying making it more and more compact. Some of the results we have found in the form of Mobiles I-pods and I-phones have replaced the laptops or desktops to an extent. But the scientist is now making an effort on making it more compact even than mobile. There are computers in the shape of different pens each having a function of its own and when combined together give us the usage of a full-blown computer. It is a computer broken apart into pieces, each the size of a pen. The screen and keyboard are projected onto surfaces.
Some of you may have already heard about this but for those who didn’t, Let’s begin.
Before going into detail of this new inventions following technology need to be known. P-ISM (“Pen-style Personal Networking Gadget Package”), which is nothing but the new discovery, which is under developing, stage by NEC Corporation.P-ISMs are connected with one another through short-range wireless technology. The whole set is also connected to the Internet through the cellular phone function.
They are connected through Tri-wireless modes (Bluetooth, 802.11B/G, and Cellular) that are made small and kept in a small pen like device.Bluetooth phenomenon is used for exchanging signal status information between two devices. These techniques do not require communication between the two devices (such as Bluetooth’s Adaptive Frequency Hopping), the most efficient and comprehensive solution for the most serious problems can be accomplished by silicon vendors. They can implement information exchange capabilities within the designs of the Bluetooth.
5 Pen PC Technology Components
5 Pen PC Technology is a gadget package including five functions: a pen-style cellular phone with a handwriting data input function, virtual keyboard, a very small projector, camera scanner, and personal ID key with cashless pass function. 5 Pen PC Technology are connected with one another through short-range wireless technology and the whole set is connected to the Internet through the cellular phone function. This personal gadget in a regular pen style enables the ultimate convenient computing.
A little description of each component:
CPU Pen– The functionality of the CPU is done by one of the pens:
- It is also known as computing engine.
- Dual core processor is used and works with windows operating system.
Communication pen uses the P-ISMs phenomenon. They are connected through Tri-wireless modes (Blue tooth, 802.11B/G, and Cellular) which are made small and kept in a small pen like device.
This LED Projector works as the monitor. LED projector projects on the screen. It gives more clarity and good picture as it gives the approximate resolution capacity of 1024 X 768.The size of the projector is of A4 size.
Interestingly, we also have a digital camera in the shape of the pen. This pen is useful in video recording, video conferencing.It can also be interpreted as the webcam. It is also connected with other devices through Blue tooth. The major advantages are:
- It is small which is easily portable.
- It is a 360-Degree Visual Communication Device.
The Virtual Laser Keyboard (VKB) is the new gadget for PC users. The VKB emits laser on to the desk where it looks like the keyboard having QWERTY arrangement of keys i.e., it uses a laser beam to generate a full-size perfectly operating laser keyboard that smoothly connects to of PC and Most of the handheld devices including PDA’s or tablet PC’s.
Features of virtual keyboards are:
- Connection: Connection to the appropriate Laptop/PC port
- Intensity: Intensity of the projected Virtual Keyboard
- VKB settings can be changed by Sound: A direction technology based on an optical recognition mechanism enables the user to tap on the projected key images while producing real tapping sounds.
- Controllable Virtual Keyboard sound effects (key clicks). VKB’s adaptable technology studies the user’s finger movements to interpret and record keystrokes. Because the virtual keyboard is an image projected by light, it disappears completely when not in use.
- Timeouts: coordinated timeouts to conserve the Virtual Keyboard’s battery life
- Sensitivity: adjustable sensitivity of the Virtual Keyboard
- Auto-repeat: Allows the VKB to automatically repeat a key based on prescribed parameters.
- Compatible: It is more compatible and it did not require any practice to operate, but you must have strong fingers to tap.
It is an essential component in the portable type of computer. Ideal batteries must be small in size and work for longer time. It comes with a battery life of 6+. If we talk about its usage, it can be used for 2 weeks.
So, These were it’s components. Let’s discuss its advantages and disadvantages.
Advantage of this 5 pen PC technology:
- It is Portable i.e can be carried
- It is Feasible
- Ultimate ubiquitous
- Support WiFi technology
- Pens produce both the monitor as well as the keyboard on any flat surfaces from where you can carry out functions.
- Positioning is more important to use it to up to the optimum level.
- keyboard concept is not new.
- It is currently unclear.
So,How do you like this tech.? Do share your thoughts in the comments below.
Stay Tech-Updated with us 🙂